Sunday, August 30, 2009

She's Here...

Miss peanut isn't a peanut anymore, and we are so THANKFUL for that. We are both thankful she got here safely and James is especially thankful her mom and auntie won't refer to her by Miss Peanut anymore.
Yesterday, I slowly walked over to the couch where James was sitting to snuggle up to him in efforts to take an afternoon nap. I noticed that he was on our blog, but it wasn't the blog page. Instead he had found his way to the Posting tab and was TYPING. My heart jumped. I love reading James' post... they are always a treat for me and it usually means something really significant has just happened. The difference this time was that I didn't even mention or hint to the fact that it would be nice to hear his "version" of the story. Usually I have to coax him to even consider logging on but this time was different. Thank you, babe. I love his version so much that I am not going to add to it. Its perfect... besides he remembers details better than I do most of the time anyways.
I just wanted to talk about the beauty of PARENTHOOD.
It has only been five days in our journey but we have already learned so much. It is amazing how much our love for her can grew each day. Here are a few things that we know about our little one.
The FIRST week:
She doesn't like her hands tucked into a swaddle,
they need to be free to raise over her head.
She is an VERY eager eater, during her nursery days
her sucking ability was the talk of the nursery.
She already can recognize her mom & dad's voice.
She loves to snuggle.
I know she can't really "smile" yet,
but she gives a little grin when she is pleased.
She has the longest eyelashes which her mom is envious of:
Where did they come from?
She is a tooter, I told her dad it was "her" that was gassy
when I was pregnant not me.
She has her mother's nose,
including the big nostrils according to her dad.
She is a good sleeper:
can even sleep through a wash cycle, which sakes the whole house.
Makes the cutest sighs.
Has her parents wrapped around her little finger already.

We love you, little one.

Here is Avery's first portrait taken by Hospital staff.

3 comments:

taryn said...

Congrats Katy! She is a doll!

Adrie said...

She is beautiful, I love her big eyes!

marisa said...

Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you both. That pic of her sleeping is beautiful! E-mail me your address, I have a little something to send my new cousin.

marisamiley@hotmail.com