Saturday, August 29, 2009

AVERY LYN PENDLETON

Avery Lyn Pendleton was born on Tuesday Aug. 25th at 12:41 pm. She was 7 lbs. 12 oz and 19 inches long. She is absolutely adorable! Katy has been an amazing mother, which I had no doubt about, that's why I married her. Avery was delivered by C-section after about 10 hours of labor. We went to the hospital after Katy's water broke at 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning. As soon as we got to the hospital Katy started having pretty strong contractions and decided after a few hours that she would have an epidural. She dilated to a 10 at about 10:45 a.m. and because the baby's heart rate had been dropping due to Katy's throwing up all morning the doctor decided to not start pushing and see if Avery would drop down into the birth canal by herself. At about 11:30 the doctor decided to go ahead with the pushing. Katy did great with pushing but our little Avery didn't move, after about 45 mins doctor Harward told Katy she could push for 2 more hours and see what happens or we could go with a c-section right then. Katy chose the C-section which I was completely fine with. I had been planning on that for some time to be honest because our doctor had continually warned us that it was very possible because of Katy's small body frame. At about 12:20 p.m. Katy headed off to the OR and I got dressed in some medical outfit and headed to the OR to meet her. The doctor test the meds to see if Katy could feel things and Katy jumped claiming to feel it, so the anethseciologist suggested to put her all the way under. Because at that point it was a full fledged surgery they asked me to step outside and wait for the baby. I was a nervous husband at that point but I was confident in our doctor. About five mins after i sat down outside I heard a scream and knew that little Avery had made it. The nurse came right out and got me and as I walked in the OR I saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She was completely blue and the doctors seemed a little worried, but after about five minutes everything was great and Avery was laying there on the table still. Katy was still being sown up so they took Avery and I to the nursery for her to be assessed and to get her ready for the room. I spent the next hour with my new daughter in the nursery as she went from screaming from shots to enjoying her first soothing bath. It was a wonderful hour but I was quite worried about my wife at this point. Then the call came to the nursery and it was Katy inquiring about Avery and everything was wonderful from her stand point. I was a happy and proud husband and father at this point and was very excited to start my new life as a dad. I have to say(although I'm sure all dads claim this)Avery is the most beautiful girl ever born. It has now been five days since that all took place and although my body is tired from the lack of sleep I am one very happy man. Katy and Avery are the two most wonderful people ever! Although there is many more things I could say about the past five days I will just post some pictures and let them do the talking.

Katy during labor.

Dot- Katy's mom sleeping during the labor.
Two very eager soon to be parents.
Getting ready to go to the OR
The very first picture taken of baby Avery.

Mom and Avery's first picture together.

Mom's favorite pic of Avery getting ready to go home.





BABY AVERY's STORY

Welcome Home, sweet Angel.

7 comments:

Harris said...

CONGRATS!! She is beautiful!!

The Everts said...

What a sweet angel. Way to go Katy! You are such a trooper!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Kali said...

Ahhh Avery is so CUTE! Poor Katy. I was really hoping she would have a fast, fairly easy labor! I'm so glad everything went good though. I want to come see all you guys!

ryan and danielle said...

what a sweet post! glad everything went well and everyone is healthy!! how exciting to be parents now!!

About Us said...

So precious... James you should post more often. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I love you three sooo much!

Love Aunt G

Lynette said...

Congratulations you two! She is so beautiful. I am sure you two will be great parents!

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

Congrats, we are so happy for you guys! Thanks for such a detailed story, I love to hear the details. She is absolutely beautiful. Katy, we are so glad you are also okay. If you guys need anything, please call!!