Tuesday, December 23, 2008

{Snow Wonderland} A child's Dream

{{DREAM}}

As a child growing up in the south, I dreamed of a WHITE Christmas, such as this. Note: Picture on the Left
Each year, if we were lucky a few snow flurries would drop on the ground, yet their arrival never made Christmas day. Even though the years passed my dream never ceased. I would think to my self wouldn't it be lovely to build a REAL snowman- not one made out a icy mud. Well, I soon grew out of those childish dreams... and went on with life.

**{Ten Years Later}**

{{Reality}}

Be careful what you wish for! I live in Utah, and it SNOWS constantly... I guess as a child all you have to worry about is bundling up before heading out to greet the winter wonderland guest. But, as an adult, you have to SHOVEL it, DRIVE in it, get STUCK in it, SCRAPE it etc.

Except I am not the one that usual shovels.... Thanks, Sweetie.

Despite all the negatives that these flakes bring, I am going to take full advantage of the enjoyment it can provide- even if my last sledding experience ending with me in the ER at 3:30 in the morning. What wonderful freshman memories.

{Challenge} Take time to enjoy our little friends...

since they aren't here for long.
{{Happy Holidays}}

2 comments:

Jana said...

Haha! I feel the same way.

Thanks for reminding me of your broken sledding arm. It was a great night at the ER - the beginning of our super-meaningful relationships with Chris & Jeff. Good times!

Landon and Julie said...

YOUR BLOG IS SO CUTE! IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU ON NEW YEAR'S!