Thursday, July 23, 2009

the BIG 30... DALLAS Style

I can't believe that there is only 30 days or less until our little peanut joins us. It seems like I have been in this "phase" for ever. P.S Miss Peanut is my endearing nickname to our little girl... James doesn't like it so much.
Last week @ 35 weeks I traveled across the mountain range back to my homeland, TEXAS. Many asked if I was even able to do this at my current state: pregnancy. The answer is you have up until you are 36 weeks to travel your heart out on metal wings- as long as your doctor gives you the okay. Mine did- and I was off.
Familiarity is comforting. There is something special about going back to a place you know so well and finding... it the same. Plastic bags can still be found in Auntie Lyn's white and blue ceramic container. I love that.
What is it about TEXAS that makes me smile? It holds a part of me that I cherish so deeply-
CHILDHOOD. MEMORIES. LOVED ONES.


Auntie Lyn doing what she loves so much, yard work. Here she is watering her yard in the early morning hours or maybe taking a break... spying on the neighbors?!?! hmmm.

A house inspired by creativity, love, memories, and art. This home captures the essences of many years of life... through laughter, tears, joy and contemplation. It breaks me open again to all of the emotions I began to learn during my youth.

*Note: Photo on the far left. I painted the picture in the far left corner of the photo. It's of the Kirtland temple and some flowers. It holds a special place in my heart, because it was done during my semester at NAUVOO. Everyone should GO!

FAMILIARITY.

No comments: